Dinner for today is Easy Garlic Broiled Chicken. I stumbled upon this at allrecipes.com, the original recipe includes parsley, and I made some modification because I don’t have parsley in the fridge today. LOL.
It is so easy to prepare as the title says,
And for the ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
So for the modification, I added a teaspoon of Oyster Sauce and reduced the soy sauce to just 2 tablespoons so the butter mixture won’t be salty.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and oyster sauce. Cook 2 minutes on High in the microwave, or until butter is melted.
(i didn’t use the microwave, instead, i melted the butter in low heat and mixed the rest of the ingredients)
- Arrange chicken on the baking pan, and coat with the butter mixture, reserving some of the mixture for basting.
- Broil chicken 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
(no parsley to sprinkle, sorry not tonight 😀 )
It was pretty easy to prepare. You can also try to grill it at 190C , turning occasionally and basting with the remaining mixture.
Cool the chicken down for 5 minutes, best served with grilled potatoes and vegetables. Yup, rice is also good, but my hubby and I are into a “no rice” diet lately, so it’s up to you.
Yeah you might notice I didn’t have a picture of the product because it needs to be in the table fast.
Try it and have fun cooking!