Tonight I did a Tomato-Zucchini Bake Recipe from : Health.com….BUT with a twist!
Here’s their recipe :
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 pounds sliced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup panko ( Panko is a Japanese type breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
The twist was adding cream, I used double cream to have a richer flavor and to add moisture and goodness to the dish :D!
- Preheat oven to 400F°.
- Coat a 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray, and alternately layer sliced zucchini, corn kernels, and sliced tomatoes.
- Combine panko and Parmesan, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the center of oven 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
What I did was , I baked it uncovered for 10 minutes , and baked it covered for 30 minutes. With the heat, it might burn the dish if it’s baked uncovered that much time.
Anyways, you can always adjust the temperature and check it from time to time.
Here’s the dish 🙂
- Sunday Comfort Food: Zucchini Lasagna (fitnessandfeta.com)
- Zucchini Parmigiana (glutendeprivedfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Summer Veggie Bake (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Flavourful and Hearty Zucchini Casserole (foodforays.com)
- Tonight’s Dinner: Turkey Bolognese with Zucchini Pasta (theheathrowrejection.wordpress.com)
- Baked Zucchini Fries (twistedcheft.com)