I always wanted to make good use of my bulky, chunky yarn. Something quite memorable and useful. Since, winter is fast approaching, here’s what I came up to : LEG WARMERS! My pattern came from this link but with just a few modifications :
Okay, let us begin.
CROCHET A LEG WARMER:
Here is the cool, chunky yarn.
1. Begin with a slip knot on your hook. I chained 39 stitches (or any multiple of 3 ) that fits my leg. Join the chain to form a circle, by slip stitching into the first stitch. Careful not to twist the chain.
2. Chain 3, then work 2 DC into the same stitch.
3. Skip 2 stitches and work 3 DC into the next stitch. Repeat *sk 2 st, [3DC] * until you reached the last stitch. Join with a slip stitch into the top ch of the beginning chain 3.
4. Chain 3 then work 2 DC into the space between the two DC clusters from the previous round, directly below your chain stitches. Work 3 DC into the next space. Go around working 3DC clusters into the spaces. Join with a slip stitch into the top ch of your beginning chain 3.
5.Repeat step 3 until you have made your desired length of rows of 3DC clusters. I reached 14 rows for my leg warmer.
6. Chain 3, then work 1DC stitch into each dc stitch around, through the back loops only. Join with a slip stitch into the top ch of your beginning chain 3.
7.Repeat step 6 two more times.
8.Secure ends using your darning needle.
9.Make the second leg warmer, by repeating steps 1 till 8.